View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 03:50 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

So sorry to hear about your husbands RSD, I hope he heals soon.

I've had RSD since I was 12 years old and am now 16. It started in my left leg and has since spread to include both arms and possiby my back, although my doctor isn't sure about this as I have other underylying back conditions.

I have had severe bruising right from the start of when my RSD spread to my arm. My arm can go from being 'normal' coloured to black within a few hours. It was so bad at one point my Doctor actually thought I had a blood clot (my arm was swollen as well). I had to have an ultrasound but thankfully I didn't.

I was later told that bruising is a very common symptom of RSD, but my doctor thought it was something more as he had never seen bruising so bad in any other of his parents with RSD.

I'm really prone to bruising, especially in my RSD limbs. I only have to knock my limbs slightly and they will bruise. I have been told I have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome as well and bruising is a symptom of that too so that could be making things worse.

I hope your husband feels better soon. I wish I could suggest something to help but unfortunately I can't. Just tell him to keep moving no matter how much it hurts, not moving will only make things worse.

All the best and if you ever need someone to talk to who understands i'm here.