View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 04:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I haven't yet been diagnosed, but from what I read about the symptons, it's possible. I visited a Nose,Ear & Throat guy last summer, but stopped going as the next thing he wanted to do was a spinal tap. I sluffed it off as no big deal; I'll just put up with the daily headache/earache.....but it continues and I am concerned whenever I read what can happen. So, I am making another appointment and continuing down the road to find out what's happening.

I went to him because I have had recurring (almost daily) earaches in my left ear (headache too) and they occur in the afternoon. This has been going on for over 2 years now. In his office, he put a tube down my nose to look at things and when he pulled it out all this fluid came out with it. Lots of it. He said that's not normal and began to suspect a possible CSF at that time. I occassionalt have a pretty good sudden drip after bending over, although it's not daily. He sent me over for an MRI of the brain and it showed no problems/leaks. Next he wanted to move to the spinal area with a spinal tap, but that sounds serious to me and I elected to put it off.

I am 66 years old and I am afraid of these tests. I guess I'm also afraid to find out what it is. But I am thinking I should start up again and see him once more. I'm hoping he'll try some easier and less invasive things first. That's what I will push for. I wanted to touch base with others to see how it went in the beginning for them. How did you go about getting a diagnosis? What test were done first? What test finally confirmed it?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
5thGenTexan
5thGenTexan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote