Thread: Eeg
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 07:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Not the meds, they checked, it was the fact that i was having complex partials and simple partials for 3 weeks prior non stop, guess my brain just couldnt take it any more. The balance and the double vision has stopped, my neuro said it would, he said it was from all the ativan they had to keep giving me. And the complex and simples still havent stopped, they only stop for a few hours after i take my meds, its the only time i get a relief, but they are defently wearing me down again like they did for those 3 weeks.

My 1 hr eeg picked up the spikes, it was the veeg i had 2 days later that didnt because i was so loaded on ativan and who knows what else that nothing was going to pick up at that point. And yeah i defently do need to find a good epilepsy center! As for the dr that made that acusantion, i dont know who it was, because of the hospital, they have randome residents and attendings in each department, so it was just a random dr that didnt know me at all. The ICU nurse didnt even agree with me having the EEG while they were giving me all those meds because she didnt think it would pick anything up, and they didnt listen to her, but that one did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkette View Post
Hi to8s,

I went through the same mess that you did I had status sz. and I found out it was the drug neurontin that was causing these sz. and my Epi. took me off the drug and the status sz. stopped. Also yrs. ago the neuro I had said I was faking the sz. I was having but the problem was the e.e.g. wasn't picking up the spikes in my brain because it was to deep in my brain to show.
My advice to you is to see an Epileptologist at an Epilepsy Center and I would report this Dr. you are seeing to the medical conduct board. If you are feeling dizzy and you have poor balance it sounds like your AED's are toxic you need to have a drug level blood test done immediately because this can poison a person and be very dangerous it's happened to me in the past.
I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
tos8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote