View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 08:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIT LOVE View Post
SS has received special funding to catch up on the backlog of CDR's. My CDR was sent right on schedule. I don't believe the kind of delay's that used to occur, as Gilbert mentioned, are likely to happen again--not now that SS has figured out the money saved by removing people's benefits.

Kelley, have you made a written request for a further extension, due to your injury? Is there a way to accommodate you with your reading issues? Perhaps, you could explore classes in other fields that you might enjoy as well--art classes would be one example. It would get you back in the classroom (a good thing) and you could also audit a class in your preferred field.

You're married and your husband works if I remember correctly? If so, I don't think you'll qualify for SSI.
I know that we will not qualify for ssi. I guess how things are right now with my cognitive functioning I know that I would not be able to do school, but I am not giving up hope. I wouldn't even be worrying about or considering school if I hadn't already pushed school off for a year. I guess my biggest fear is that if I go and try school that even if I am not able to do it my CDR will have negative result because of it. Thanks for all of the help!
Kelley84 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote