View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 09:40 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaJane23 View Post
I ask my pharmacy to count my Schedule II meds in front of me. I pay for the prescription, check the label to make sure all is well, then ask the cashier to hand the bottle to the pharmacist. I do everything out in the open, being sure that the camera can see my actions - I don't let the prescription bottle get anywhere near my body, so no one could say I made a swap. I sometimes have to wait 10 minutes or so for the pharmacist to be available but that's no problem. Then the pharmacist counts out the pills in front of me. They never have seemed to mind doing this - I tell them I have to keep a log for each pill I use, so I always want to be sure I'm starting out with the right amount. I left Safeway because some always seemed to be missing and then started doing the pill counts at this new pharmacy. Haven't had any problems since the changing pharmacies.
That's a good idea. If they have nothing to hide then they shouldn't mind recounting the pills.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote