Thread: Maybe today?
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 10:03 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused Maybe today?

Maybe today I'll get the call to schedule my surgery. I'm really wondering what the good Lord is trying to tell me with all this waiting. It's been about 14 months since starting this process (I did put things on hold for about 2
Months for my daughter's difficult pregnancy) so that makes it 12 months - still a very long time. Tomorrow it will be 8 weeks since I last saw the surgeon. I have some rather difficult allergies to work around so he said I should know by the end of the week if he'd be able to do the surgery with them. 8 weeks ago! Two weeks ago I got a call from his assistant saying he worked everything out around the allergies and I could schedule the surgery. But, he hasn't filled out the paperwork telling the scheduler how much time he needs, etc. so no surgery scheduled! Evidently this is not normal behavior for this surgeon.

I have to have surgery to do the trial - they couldn't get the leads through all the arthritis in my spine to do the trial as a procedure. I'll have the laminectomy to insert the paddle leads, be sent home for a week to try it, then come back for the rest of the implant if the SCS works.

I have A LOT of allergies, and other health issues. I'm a Christian - boy, how do I know if God is saying no to this surgery? Anyone have any ideas? I know this isn't the usual topic for this board, but you all understand the risks of surgery and how much the SCS could potentially help. I would appreciate
your thoughts on this - I just don't know how to think of this long wait. Call me frustrated and confused - searching for answers.
ElizaJane23 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (11-14-2011), Mark56 (11-14-2011), ron h (11-14-2011), Rrae (11-14-2011), Sophie_ (11-21-2011)