View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 01:04 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Prescribed: Lyrica. Off work another month.

Following what my neurologist believes to have been my first 'hit' with Optic Neuritis, I've been dealing with horrendous headaches on the same side as the affected eye.

I had my follow up appointment today with my GP. Talk about uncomfortable. She had a girl with her (no introduction given), I figure a student/someone training. Anyways, she did agree there's no way I can return to work in such pain.

My eye is 'better'. What's not better, and what's in fact worse now, are these headaches/dreadful neuralgia on the left side. Trigeminal Neuralgia attacks primarily crippling me.

So I am already taking Cesamet, which I do believe 'dulls' the pain overall (I'd be unable to function, period, I'm fairly sure... was I not on Cesamet). I've taken Tegretol and Gabapentin in the past, both with bad side effects and little 'relief'.

So I'm now going to try Lyrica. I have good drug coverage thankfully. I can see how this would get expensive quick. I'll start by taking a low dose of the medication, and work 'up'.

I know there's been good and bad reviews of Lyrica that I've seen. My previous GPs thought it was a drug of no 'value' for T.N., but this GP thinks it's worth a shot.

So I'll begin taking at nighttime, starting tonight. Hopefully, along with the Cesamet and Clonazepam, this will work in harmony. Gulp.. wish me luck!

Off work for another month. Waiting for the pain storm to calm down, so to speak. I'm saying my prayers that this will resolve itself eventually and I can get back to work before Christmas.
05/2008 - Relapse
05/2008 to 02/2009 - Copaxone
10/2011 - Relapse - Optic Neuritis developed
9/2012 - Relapse - Balance issues 1 sided
8/2012 - Erythema Nodosum - diagnosed 10/2012, reaction to Topiramate (Topamax)
April 7/14 - Raynaud's Syndrome DX
dmplaura is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (11-15-2011), karousel (11-15-2011), Kitty (11-15-2011)