Thread: question
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 02:22 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I don't see how a doctor can rate someone as 7.3 out of 10, much less the PCS sufferer self diagnose at 90% recovered.

Recovery for returning to work should be all about function. Can you do the tasks required for the job?

I suggest getting strong with your walking and other exercise as a first criteria. Then, walk through the mall or even the hospital/clinic where all of the sights and sounds are. Try to read sitting in a such a busy location.

Build up these skills. Try to due Sudoku or work on a crossword puzzle in these environments.

I would be very hesitant to take on health care tasks until I was confidant in my brain's ability to accurately complete the tasks required.

It is much easier to wait and work on strengthening the required skills outside the work environment that to go back to work too soon and have a few crashes/brain farts when patients are depending on you.

I understand these issues dearly because I have to daily evaluate my ability to drive or work in a risky situation. Lately, driving has been a challenge. I suffered my 15th concussion about 6 weeks ago while working under my pick-up truck. My abilities have been very haphazard since. I am just now getting back to my normal PCS condition.

Keep in mind that once you return to work, you may still have times when you need to take a day or two off to recover from a stressful event.

These are tough decisions to make, especially when the welfare of others is at stake. .

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote