View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 03:32 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelley84 View Post
Too answer your question I don't do well in a crowed of people.
So I called my neuropsychologist to schedule another neuropsych eval. to see where I am at (He is the only doctor that seemed to understand all of my symptoms as a whole) and he told he told me flat out that my ability to learn has been significantly affected and he does not believe that I would be able to learn and especially retain the information. And after speaking with me he does not believe there has been much if any improvement.

I guess when I really think about it I am not able to work right now. It is just hard to let go of everything that I had planned. Who know's maybe I will improve in a year or two and can revisit the idea.
My son is at one of the top photojournalism programs in the country and one of his very talented classmates was recently featured on an autism website, where he discussed the difficulties with attending college.

Perhaps you can't currently pursue your old dreams, but that doesn't mean you can't create new ones!

There are jobs that might be fulfilling that require little interaction with the public and no new training--I loved hiking prior to my illness and considered becoming a forest ranger for example.

More importantly than a job, it would be great to keep your mind active. Do you enjoy audio books? If so, many public libraries have a large database of free online audio books.

Explore new hobbies! This could lead to a small business someday! Maybe you'll discover a love of quilting, refinishing furniture, baking, pottery, making jewelry, etc.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote