View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 06:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Debbie,
Glad to hear from you. Dr. S wanted me to do the IVIG in May and I did some research on it and the stats for helping were only about 30% which I felt for inpatient etc was too much for me to go through esp after my horrible experience falling in ICU during ketamine procedure.

Chiropractics (very gently) and I have been getting iv's of natural vitamins and trace minerals for the past year due to my fall in icu. It was the only thing that helped me. I went once every two weeks and now go once a month. What a huge difference. You may want to try that as my ins has paid for it after what I went through. I was in the ER every week dehydrated and in agony from the fall. I was able after five months of opioids (and five years + of fentanyl use) to get off all opioids. I take 1/2 muscle relaxer (Soma) now and hope to get off that too. I had a hard time sleeping before (actually didn't sleep for over 3 weeks last year after fall) and now sleep 6-8 hours each night!!! A miracle for me. 1/2 Soma and 1 3mg of Melatonin get me to sleep now. Only other thing I take is an anti-depressant to help with pain and I hope to be off that soon. I am finding a more natural approach is what works for my body now...of course after severe dental problems. My body could no longer handle and pain meds. Now even when I take a vitamin my burning pain increases so that is why I am getting off it all. Yes, I have pain each day but I had the same amount of pain and more while taking the meds...they were slowly killing me.

I am sorry the IVIG did not work for you. How long did you do it for? Well at least you can say you tried it and now you need to look for something else that works for you. Oh I have taken all the meds for rsd and none worked and made me deathly ill where I could not move off the bed so meds just don't cut it for me. Best of luck.
kathy d
kathy d is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
debbiehub (11-14-2011), SandyRI (11-15-2011), wswells (11-15-2011)