View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 06:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramato3 View Post
Hi, I HAVE JUST JOINED AND HAVE READ POSTS BETWEEN YOU AND cATHIE AND AM FEELIG A BIT BETTER, KNOWING THAT WHAT I AM GOING THROUGH IS NORMAL, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF MY VOICE AND SOME SWALLOWING ISSUES. I have not been doing a lot of walking, but will start today. Sounds like it helps. You really do not know what to expect and there is a lot more to the surgery and recovery than they tell you. 6 weeks and all will be better, doesn't even begin to tell the story. My voice is embarrassing, i sound like Minnie Mouse with bronchitis!!!Doesn't hurt, but cannot carry on a conversation, and then it just disappears. It is really weak and almost like a shortness of breathe. Now a lot of mucus and feels like a cold, just what i need. I hope that you all continue to improve, and i am so happy that i found this site, at least i can talk to someone that has been there and done that. I have not seen anyone with voice problems, is it just me. Thank you. Gramato3
Hi there,

I'm now at 8 months post op, and although I still have some issues and pain, I'm much better then I was. The recovery was (and still is) very slow, and much more difficult then any doctor's let you believe. I had a little bit of trouble with my voice, and quite a bit with swallowing, still have difficulty swallowing large vitamins or pills, but my voice has completely recovered. Hopefully with some rest and time yours will also.

Walking helps, but do it slowly, I over did things in the beginning, got heck from nurses later when I hurt more because of walking too much. Start with short walks, no more then 15 mins, then SLOWLY increase to where you feel comfortable. You will hurt later, not during the walk. Pace yourself, those nerves are inflammed and angry for a long time, bouncy will make things worse.

Hope you heal quickly and painlessly.... I'm still going down that road myself.
Take care!!
Cathie
cath1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote