View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 01:21 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Smith View Post
Good to hear; thanks for sharing it! Were you aware of that potential when you started it?

I'd been pretty emotional for the last few years, and my doctor (and wife) kept telling me it was depression and tried to put me on anti-depressives. But I'd been on several anti-depressives before, and they all made me feel worse than before taking them. Since I've started taking pregnenolone, my tears and uncontrollable emotional swings have dried up too! (Not to mention other benefits, like less pain.)

There's no relation between Tramadol & pregnenolone that I'm aware of; Tramadol (as you know) is an opioid analgesic, while pregnenolone is one of the most common hormones in the body (that gets turned into many others).

Doc
Gday Doc

No I didnt know it at the time but I did come across several tramadol abuse forums whilst researching and the overall conclusion was that tramadol is a mood enhancer and provides an over all feeling of confidence. I found this to be very true and 200-250 a day really helps with the burn. I did try 150 mg at once and there was a very strong "buzz"

Good to see you have tackled your demon as well. we cant have grown men being teary eyed an emotional

Wiki.(thanks 4 the link)
"it has been suggested that tramadol could be effective for alleviating symptoms of depression, anxiety, and phobias[6] because of its action on the noradrenergic and serotonergic systems, such as its "atypical" opioid activity.[7] However, health professionals have not endorsed its use for these disorders,[8][9] claiming it may be used as a unique treatment (only when other treatments failed), and must be used under the control of a psychiatrist"
zorro1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote