View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 08:05 PM
artist

artist

Hi Sandy,

Well, your bone scan hand findings are similar to mine, but you're lucky, they didn't find localised patchy osteoporosis. I think maybe you should go through with the nerve tests, from your previous posts it does sound to me as if this latest problem began with the surgery.

BTW, in a previous post I see I mentioned I hadn't heard of RSD without pain, but I've since looked it up and it can happen. You certainly seem to have a vascular problem, and I'm interested in this ...rash? red line? - you mentioned before, I'd have thought that would be some sort of sign for the docs to go on, but obviously not.

The nerve tests aren't too bad - if you do have pain, though, beg them to treat you gently, sometimes the prodding and poking is worse than the tests themselves.

Thing is, they may find something definite to begin working on. I wouldn't be completely convinced it's RSD if I were you, either. So I'd go along with any tests they suggest, if they can identify a mechanical problem that's a damn sight easier to treat than RSD, ya know...

As far as recovering the use of the arm, whatever they find is the cause eventually, if I were you I'd be doing frequent PT exercises, if you can manage that at all - at this stage, you want to keep as much movement as possible - and moving it is the only route that'll take you back there.

I was wondering, do you get pins and needles? electrical zapping pain? Any twitching or odd muscle movements? And is the pain still extending into your chest?

I do hope you can get this sorted out soon,
all the best
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote