View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 01:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

This is my first post. Fortunately I am no longer in denial about my seizures.
I now know that they are Simple Partial Seizures and they have been happening since the first of the year! I knew that they were probably associated with the Cavernous Angioma that was diagnosed by accident in 2002. I have had periodic MRI's that did not show any changes. I am seeing a Neurologist who is all "main stream medicine". He started me on Keppra which was a complete disaster!!! I had extreme dizziness, loss of balance/coordination, heavy limbs, felt "drunk"/drugged, muscle aches, episodes of extreme need to sleep, then extreme hunger and shaky muscles. Tried for 2 days but couldn't do more. He switched me to Lamictal 25 mg and that small dose has worked well. Only one seizure or none a day. However, I don't feel like myself. Sometimes a little dizziness or loose of balance then later hyperactive and shaky. Is there a good time of day to take this??
During my seizures, I never loose consciousness and I remember everything. The ability to speak is slowed, but most people around me don't even know it is happening. Any advice would be much appreciated. I am wondering what the rest of my life will be like. Can I expect the seizures to get worse?
Thanks for you input
conroe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote