View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 08:39 PM
artist

artist

Hi Ada,

Yes I have a few allergies - it's odd, never had any till I passed 30.

Eczema in my ears, permanent hay fever when HK gets too polluted - it's a problem here in Hong Kong, not from us, but from the industrial plants over the border in Mainland China. I can get a reaction to cats if there are too many or I'm with them for too long (shame, I love cats!), also to the metal used in cheap jewellery - that one's instantaneous, my skin comes right up in red welts. So...nothing too terrible.

I think I mentioned in a previous post that last year I went on 2 courses of antibiotics for eradication of the bacteria causing stomach ulcer. I never take them if I can help it. But to my surprise, my permanent hay fever is signicantly better since taking them....go figure...

I know you're embarking on Herculean tasks of moving and sorting, and you've got surgery coming up - along with all the terrible stresses in recent months...I really wish you all the very best, and really admire your strength and perseverance. Good for you, Ada, you're doing brilliantly.

BTW, one thing that helped with the hay fever was Nasonex, a sniffer spray. the active ingredient is mometasone furoate. Perhaps that might give you some relief, it certainly helped with the blocked nose,

all the best, Ada
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote