View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 08:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Bryanna,
Hi Ya How are you? So update is I had the surgical debridement done and when he was in there he poked up with his tool and said the he feels all bone around and that the perf is closed. It has also healed very well, all pink. Sometimes I still wonder if it is open but he told me that I did not need to come back so as I take that as everything is ok. There is no inflammation, no redness, no sensitivity and is very pink and does not hurt when I eat on the extraction so I tak that as it is all good.. FINALLY !!
Well now this happened. After this was all said and done, I made an appt with a new dentist for a check up because the one tooth that stands alone is still sensitive. The morning of the appt my back crown fell off and I was like oh great this is not good. So I had a full mouth of xrays done and the tooth under the crown is fractured. So here comes another extraction and to boot the one next to it needs to come out also because it has an absess but it has been there a while. I knew the tooth would eventually need a root canal but I think i waited to long. I will discuss it again with her on Monday. I also have a tooth on the lower left side (bicuspid) that cracked about 8 months ago and the dentist (old one) filled it and she said that was very bad dentistry. She pretty much told me that all my work (not counting my bridege cuz it is 11 years old) is bad dentistry and that is why it does not last.
I know how you feel about root canals but I made the decision to do it because i can't afford to lose any more teeth and my new dentist told me it needs to be done right to last. Well at first she said i might just need a crown she will not know until she gets in there. Well we started yeaterday and it did need a RC, so she cleaned it and opened it to do it today. I went today and she was awesome. Took her time, very ****, a perfectionist. Took numerous xrays and showed me it when it was done. She got all the canals and the very very top of the tip and she said many dentists and endodontists miss this and that is why they fail. She said it was a beautiful root canal. We did not have time to do the shaving and temporary today that will done Monday. i never had a dentist take their time with me it was always boom boom your out. She said she does a rotary root canal. Many dentist do not do this because the equipment is very expensive she told me. It was by far the best one i have ever had and she was so gentle and patient.
The only issue is that yesterday after the novocaine wore off I still felt very tight and it felt like it was still numb all the way down in the gum but when I touched my face it was not numb. When I mentioned it to her today she had me show her and she said that is the injection site. Is this normal? I never felt this before when I had a root canal.i am a bit swollen but I also had about 9 shots because i could not get numb and during the procedure I needed more novocaine because I started to feel it.
So my question is is that feeling normal and will it go away? and is the swelling from the shots?
Also I am petrified of the extractions and getting a dry socket. My dentist told me that they are not difficult ones and being that the oral surgeon not the dentist is doing it I should be fine. He will stitch it and that will help with the bleeding and it should be fine. There are so many horror stories with dry sockets and even though I had a top one I did not have any pain with it.
Wow this is long. Sorry Bryanna but you helped me through the first time and am looking for your guidance this time also. I just want this facial feeling to go away, I don;t want to be like that forever.
TY
nicole
Dry socket girl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote