View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 09:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverett123 View Post
If we know that something can be done, we will do it! The docs can no longer ethically tell us that PD is not treatable, just that we don't know how yet but here is what we do know. And if they can reach 37% the first time out of the chute....???

It isn't a drug or devise, so the FDA can take a leap and it won't cost an arm or leg. MJFF, find a way to push this one.

PMID: 22072682 [PubMed - in process]
I will cut the field of neurology a little slack as it wasn't too long ago they thought we could not generate new neurons.

However, given what Buddhists know and have practiced for ages can now be measured, they have shown that our brains are so plastic that we can actually re-hardwire our neurons. I have seen results with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy which depending on counselor is linked to mindfulness meditation; both CBT and meditation offer the benefit of changing negative thought patterns...the CBT is a more "logical" approach for those skeptical of alternative therapies. I had been experiencing stress induced freezing and by gradually exposing myself to situations that triggered it and applying CBT methods, they for the most part do not occur anymore. I also used a visualization technique.

I am beginning to think that in a way, PD is one hell of a learning disorder. Whether we call it meditation, biofeedback, or CBT, it is all the same thing. We are retraining feedback loops between mind and body. Oh yes, the mind, the whole person...the very thing that Western medicine has forever ignored.

Oh and here is a great link... Neurogenesis: How to grow your own neurons

I would love to see any one of these practical can-do suggestions go up against Azilect in a clinical trial...

Laura
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon72219 (11-16-2011)