View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 04:06 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Jinx,

My neuro told me to not consider my seizures Epilepsy. Instead they are a trauma induced seizure disorder. Same symptoms, different etiology.

I think he was trying to prevent me from labeling myself and putting my diagnosis into a long term condition.

I eventually overcame my seizures. I have had repeated times when I was symptomatic with seizure free years and even decades between them.

I usually have other PCS symptoms manifest before the seizures manifest. Over time, I get my brain healthy again and the seizures end.

Now, the only time I have any seizure activity is when trying to fall asleep. I will sometimes have seizures just as I start to fall asleep. When this happens, I need to get up and sort of reboot my system so I can go to sleep without the seizures. It usually helps to eat something before trying again to go to sleep.

I am doing this right now. I could tell that my body was going to seize so I got up and sat at the computer while eating a small snack. My body gets a sort of tingling tension feeling. It is like my muscles are a stretched rubber band. When they finally relax and I feel warm, I can go back to bed.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote