View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 08:13 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Smokey, it sounds like a neuro-ophthalmologist would be able to help you figure it out. I know MG can do all sorts of things to your eyes. When mine are weak, they seem to not move smoothly or something, so things jump around.

On the other hand, don't just assume it's the MG that's causing it. A significant portion of people with MG also have Graves disease (don't worry, this one is a breeze compared to MG!), which makes your thyroid overactive. The antibodies tend to collect behind the eyes, which can cause vision disturbances. I thought of it because you mentioned a sweaty forehead.

One other thing to keep in mind is that migraines cause a feeling of pain and pressure in the sinuses. A lot of people who assumed they were having sinus headaches actually have migraines. Sometimes I get into a sort of chronic low-level migrainy state even without much of a headache--and motion makes me dizzy and nauseous, especially out of the corner of my eye (it sounds silly, but I make the kids not jiggle their legs while I'm reading to them, because it makes me "car sick.")

These are just things to keep in mind, and perhaps ask a doctor about. I hope you can figure it out, and find something that helps.

Abby
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote