View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 09:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Back after a set back, a lesson learned about risk factors.

Hello again, missed the interactions.

Well I developed a DVT (deep vein thrombus) in my stronger leg picked up on Oct. 31. Major vein in my lower leg was completely blocked, my leg was blue and about 3 to 4 times larger that its normal. I had it forming for a while and it is a major contributor to the big time pain I was having. It is resolving nicely, and I am walking short distances without my left brace with the walker. I no longer have that horrible pain. Still on Lovonox injection, taking warfarin, expect to be theraputic this Friday so I can stop the shots.

So my advise to all of us here who have to sit or stand or whatever to be comfortable is that this has got to be a risk factor for us. Be vigilent about your body position, esp if you have numbness and can't feel any discomfort. Nobody needs this.

I did not start swelling until I was completely blocked, but I had what my neuro doc was calling neuropathic pain for about 4 weeks. It turned out to be congestion in my calf, thigh and pelvis pressing on my irritated nerves. I was sitting in a chair that was hitting the back of my thigh for long periods of time, not releasing my braces for 12 hours, and when I was standing, I was using my left leg to do all the work.

Oh, and mrsD, warfarin is going to mess up some of my supplements. Have to watch out for vit. K and have to have the regime reviewed by my internist so I can restart and keep my levels stable. I love my supplements!!!!
JB63 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote