View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 09:06 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Oh you are very welcome! I'm glad to be of help ~'.'~

You are correct, there is usually no temporary tooth placed on the implant during the initial healing phase. If you don't want to have a space during the healing phase, then you may be able to be fitted with an acrylic removable partial denture. These actually work quite well for many people.

In the last 5-7 years, dental implants have become increasingly popular. I personally think many people are becoming more educated about their treatment options and are seeking more permanent solutions to their dental problems. I know more and more medical practitioners are acknowledging in their literature the numerous health risks associated with chronic oral infections and these same doctors are now frequently questioning their patients about their dental health. I also find patients are choosing to remove severely decayed or infected teeth, rather than root canal them as it not only saves them money, but a successful dental implant can last a lifetime.

As I mentioned prior, not everyone is a good candidate for dental implants. Many factors need to be considered before venturing into it.

Please let us know what you decide to do ~'.'~

Bryanna
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote