View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 09:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchfri1003 View Post
I am so sorry to her about your fall. You must have been so scared. I know after being rear ended I felt much worse 5 days after the car accident. Just be prepared that your body may let you know in a few days that it is unhappy with the fall. I am now going to PT 2-3x a week. Still suffering from muscle spams, knots and some pain and the accident was Sept 2nd. Glad that your fusion is in place. Titanium is very strong. I had similar amount of x rays. Still waiting for the results of MRI, but quick look seems to be okay. The OSS was humoring me as he said that sever whiplash can take up to 6 months to work itself out. I need peace of mind that there wasn;t any above or below issues. Good luck, feel better and do not hesitate to take pain meds or muscle relaxers. I still am. I am also still using the TENS unit.
Gail
Hi Gail,

Yes, I definately hurt more 48 hours after my fall! But I seem to be recovering from it, back to my normal aches, pains and complaints. And yep, I'm still on pain meds and muscle relaxers too, try not to take then unless I need them, but they are still a daily thing. I hope one day to not need narcs anymore. I don't like needing them.

I'm still going to PT 3 x's a week, but my coverage will expire on Dec. 22. He has given me lots of 'at home' exercises, but it's not the same as seeing the PT, as you know. Hoping to be re-evaluated to get more coverage through comp after the holidays as well.

The worst part about my fall was the scary ambulance ride! they strapped me down on that hard board, imobolized my head and neck and wouldn't let me move until I had CT scan and xrays, so scary. My husband showed up at the hospital took one look at me and started to cry. I scared the crap out of him. Felt so bad for putting him through that, all because of a silly slip on the step.

But at least everything in the fusion is still solid, and I don't seem to have any more neural symptoms, so I'm grateful.

A car accident has to be the SCARIEST thing to go through after a cervical fusion. OMG I shiver everytime I think about your accident. Thank God you are ok.

Thanks for checking in, I was thinking about you. Hoping you were doing ok.

Take care! And Happy Thanksgiving (we had our Canadian one last month, but I think yours is tomorrow if I remember correctly). Enjoy your turkey day!

Cathie
cath1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote