View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 09:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi hun, I wish you the very best of luck with your surgery!! I had the same time frame lol, called on friday to have surgery on tuesday. i think it was good actually because it didnt give me time to dwell on it. I had my niece and nephew the whole weekend so my house didnt even get cleaned for the 1st time ever before surgery. I had alot of surgery and all this time didnt realize how im portant it is to be well rested before surgery.So don't over do it hun, just do what you have to. I recieved so much help and prayers from these wonderful people.I had been on a waitlist for almost 2 years and lived with this for over 15 years, so when that call came I was very overwhelmed.I came here and started firing out questions and by the next day these great folks had me calmed down and ready to go!! The #1 tip they gave me was the recliner!! It is an absolute must! I laid down in bd my 1st night home and it was unbearable the next morning. I couldnt get my breath for almost an hour and thought we were going back to the hospital.I opened the door to the cold wind and it made me take a deeper breath and then I talked myself through it. I am not a good sleeper so I didnt know how I could possibly sleep in a chair.But I slept in the chair every night after that. I think about a month in the recliner is needed, i had complications so I was in the recliner for 2 months. My own bed feels some good now!!! The other "must do" tip I learned here is take pillows!! I had a 2 hour drive home so hubby wrapped a body pillow around me and then put 2 bed pillows 1on each side of me and tucked them in tight, so I didnt get jostled around as bad on the way home.Also if you have been on narcotic pain meds for any length of time make sure you tell them at the hospital because you will probably require a higher dose of pain meds after surgery. I am 7 weeks post op now, but have had alot of troubles so I won't know for awhile how much the surgery helped. Go into this with a positive attitude hun and ,if you pray, I found that helped me through alot of it. I put myself in the hands of God and my surgeon. I will keep you in my prayers.If your nerves get you bad come on here and ask all the questions you can think of.I couldn't have gottten through this without the amazing, caring people here.So many replied and answered all of my questions, that most of my fear disappeared by the next day. We will be thinking of you and all of our prayers will be with you! So get 'er done hun!! HI wish you as close a painfree future as possible!(((hugs))) cindy
cindyj is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote