View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 07:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

..Thanks all for your replys!
I really do want to know whats causing the swallowing to stop. I feel the anti depressants would just shut me up about it.

But there are days that I feel so confused about what is happening to me that I think maybe being a zombe for a while might not be such a bad thing, even though it's not helping the problem to be able to swallow again. ( I am not looking forward to the big family Thanksgiving dinner ) All kind of thoughts come into mind, should I sit at the table when everyone sits down to eat, should I go sit in the other room and pretend I'm watching TV and not seeing and smelling all the wonderful food, or should I just not go and tell them I'm not feeling well, but then that would not be nice for my husband.

The 2nd opinion Neuromuschular doctor called today to set up an appt. on Dec. 22. The women who called said they would first do an office visit and then at 1:00 they are going to do a Stimulation test.

I heard that test is very painful, I don't need more pain
I have had a EMG and SFEMG but the doctor said those tests were normal.
Those test wern't to painful and was over quickly. I did have a EEG that came back abnormal, but my neuro didn't think that had anything to do with my swallowing problem.

I have to check if the 2nd opinion Doctor and hospital even takes Medicare, I'll call tommorrow to find out. If they don't I don't think I'll even be able to afford going there.

The strange part of this is that I can swallow in my sleep state at night, but as soon as I awake my mouth fills up with saliva and I can't swallow and the choking begins. I go thru the whole day not swallowing at all, just spiting which I find digusting and tiering.

I am praying for an answer and Trusting He hears me!
GrannyJo4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DesertFlower (11-24-2011)