View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 12:06 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nan Cyclist View Post
That's wonderful to hear about the positive reaction you're having from adding acetyl l-carnatine, Conductor 71 and the ginseng sounds good too. We know so little. Dr. Alberts has tried the elliptical and other forms of exercise to try to get the cycling results, but it seems that churning the legs at the high rpm is what does the trick. People can't do it for long if they are weight bearing, hence the cycling. Soccertese, I agree with you about the ultimate goal being to figure out why this works and then how to replicate it so everyone can use it. In the meantime, I am thankful something as positive as cycling is working for so many. I hope I can meet you on the 17th in Puyallup.
Then clearly the next step is to start monitoring brain activity and measuring neurotrophics plus other chemicals normally released during exercise between control groups and 80-90 rpm cyclers. A piece of cake...

Oh, I have finally taken the plunge and ordered a new upright exercise bike with RPM display. Will start working up to the magic zone this weekend.

Nan, since you meet quite a few people who have started the program at their local Y's have you met any who have noted it reduces freezing?

Thanks so much!

Laura
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote