View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 08:16 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conductor71 View Post
Do you think we may have an easier time on spin bike vs. a regular upright? The spinning bike mimics the typical road cycling bike, I take it?

Sorry about all these seemingly obvious questions but I want to invest in something that will result in me being able to do this solo.

Laura
any good athletic equipment stores near where you live where you can try different equipment? or an athletic club that lets you sign up month to month or gives a one day free pass so you can try diff bikes? fwiw about a year ago i bought a recumbent lifecycle LC850 RB. tried it out, liked it at the store. hated it after i got home, seemed really jerky motion. i soon discovered it was me who was jerky, not the bike and i needed to have enough meds while cycling. feel a little better after cycling but i'm nowhere near the "magic" level.
schwin recumbents get good marks, i bought the lifecycle from athletic equip store on sale, smaller than schwinn, they assembled, delivered and had 30day return policy. so important to pick a good store. or not.
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Conductor71 (11-18-2011)