View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 03:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I had my upper molar extracted back in August and I had a sinus perforation. I never did get a sinus infection but it was slow healing and Oral Surgeon did have to go in and do a surgical debridement. When he did it he pushed up with an instrument and found out it closed on its own but it took a few months. We did Sudafed to dry Sinus out and Augmentin 875 2x a day for a week. I also feel as though my health declined afterwards. Not so much my health but my dental health. Now i am looking at 2 extractions again 1 on a root canal tooth and the other on the one next to it. They are lower but I fear a dry socket. I cry all the time cause my mouth is falling apart and with two small kids that need me i am not happy. Now I just had a root canal done by a very good dentist and I am hoping that it calms down because she was not able to out a temp crown on because it took to long and we ran out of time. I had about 10 injections cuz i could not get numb and my face is very sore. Dental work really gets you down.
I hope you are feeling better
Nicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by fed_up View Post
Hi, I had my upper molar removed almost two months ago. I had a bad infection in the tooth and I was given a course of antibiotics before the extraction.

Two - three weeks passed and the gum area healed well but I started to get pain and uncomfortable feeling in my jaw and cheek.

Then my teeth felt all sensitive as if they were going to fall out and it was an awful feeling. The dentist sent me for an x-ray and we could see that my sinus area was all white and he said this was an infection in the maxillary sinus.

The first set of antibiotics (I was on for a week -zenat), did nothing, i was then switched to amoxycillan, still with no signs of getting any better, my cheek swelled and was very red and hot to touch. Went to my GP by the third week and was given Doxycycline, antihistimene, nasal spay and painkillers, fast forward two further weeks down the line and I am still sitting here with the same problem/ feeling of infection and nothing seems to be getting rid of this.

I have been referred to ear nose and throat at the hospital and now waiting on a CT scan.

I am suffering and feel so tired so fed up of feeling ill like this. Does anyone have any tips or advice or been through anything like this before?

I am normally a healthy person but ever since this tooth extraction my health has really gone down hill and i'm fed up of having a swollen sore cheek, feels like this uncomfortable feeling will never leave.

Not sure if my sinus has also been perforated. Would be really useful if anyone had any advice. Thanks
Dry socket girl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote