View Single Post
Old 11-19-2011, 12:14 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Someone with ADD might just not be a good fit.

My cleaning person is bipolar. She's kind of exhausting for me to deal with because she's ALWAYS manic. But she does seem to do twice as much work in half the time (she's also twice as expensive) so while not a perfect fit, I'm grateful.

She treats the time in my home like I'm a therapist--but then I seem to attract that type of attention from some... Some weeks I'm just not up to the noise of cleaning or even her energy level, and my hiding away seems to work because she's capable of managing everything without me.

It is a weird situation--to feel dependent on someone for things we use to take for granted...

Even with friends and family it is uncomfortable when someone else's normal behavior causes me pain. It is very tempting to become housebound and isolated. I am able to reduce my extreme hypersensitivity to noise, sound and vibrations with a combo of medication, diet and coping strategies. When loud voices make me wince--it's a signal for me to break out the breakthrough!

Does anyone know how common it is for RSD patients to have their pain exacerbated by hypersensitivity to stimuli?
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (11-30-2011), kathy d (11-19-2011)