View Single Post
Old 11-19-2011, 03:26 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIT LOVE View Post
Cindi, if you don't mind telling, do you know the excuse for the ALJ changing your onset date? You're clearly not old enough for the Grid Rules to be a factor. Has it been 4 years since you've worked at all?

I concur that your monthly benefit is more important, but it is unfortunate that you won't be receiving any backpay. The bigger objection is that you'll have to wait for Medicare, which I'm sure you could have found a use for.

Some of your expenses also decrease by not working--smaller gas bills, clothing budget, lunches out, etc.
My lawyer and I decided not to ask for fear that we would have to have a hearing...I have worked with the autism community for 25 years and I am a certified Autism Mentor...with all my training and certifications my lawyer thought that a judge would say that I could work at a desk job. We both knew that this wasn't possible because of all my wonderful symptoms keep me awake all night, when I sit or stand for too long my legs go numb, spasm,swell, and generally hurt ALL the time, so we left well enough alone. I really can't complain since I am getting almost as much as I did my last year of working....Our family went from being right above the poverty level to middle class in a matter of hours!! LOL
cindi1965 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote