Thread: Eeg
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2011, 07:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi to8s,

I'm so sorry that you have been going through a hard time with all the AED's. Years ago my neuro overloaded me with 6 different AED's all at the same time. I was taking 106 pills a week and I continued to have sz. after sz. Years later when I saw an Epileptologist I had a DNA test done and they found out I was drug resistant to all AED's except 3 vimpat, diamox, and mysoline. You should ask your Dr. to do a DNA test on you and that way they can find out what AED will work the best for you with the least side effects. I know when I was on keppra it increased my sz. like crazy and with trileptal it caused me to break out with a rash. Just remember while you're on trileptal or tegretol you can't eat grapefruit or drink grapefruit juice because the enzymes in the fruit will mess up the AED and trigger sz.
I wish you the best of luck and you might want to have your neuro admit you into the hospital while going off the AED's I had to do that twice. It's a pain in the fanny but they can watch you and see how things go for you. May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote