View Single Post
Old 11-19-2011, 08:32 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Yes.

I have had "the weird breathing problem" since a car accident two years ago.

When reclined at certain angles, or laying flat, I just sort of "forget" to breathe, gets real slow and shallow. I can deliberately, thoughtfully, breathe right, but if I don't work at it, I barely breathe if in the wrong positions.

Developed thoracic outlet syndrome, mostly vascular, from scar tissue from broken collarbone and surgery. Go through boughts of muscle cramping and spasming up my neck, from the inner edge of the collarbone up to my ear. Sometimes the side of my face even goes numb. When neck muscle is acting up, I get very short of breath from doing pretty much anything but sitting still. Any movement/activity brings it on. Bending over to reach something, even only a little bit, makes it worse. Talking makes it worse. Doing anything makes it worse.

Have a host of other things that go wrong when this is acting up, too--bp, pulse rate, vision, hearing, balance...one doc says it's vertebrobasilar insufficiency--but the "weird breathing thing" has been with me since the car accident, when I was still in the hospital, even, before the TOS and other complications set in. It's just gotten worse over time.

Pulmonologist tested, says, well, everything CAN work, so he has no idea why sometimes it doesn't, and nothing to be done.

Lots of nerves and blood vessels run through your neck, front and back, to the rest of your body. Not surprising other things get messed up.
winic1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote