View Single Post
Old 11-19-2011, 08:04 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks all for your suggestions. Lit Love said "Does anyone know how common it is for RSD patients to have their pain exacerbated by hypersensitivity to stimuli?" I think you hit the nail on the head so to speak. I have extreme sensitivity to water, air, noise, you name it. I think that is most of the problem now. I was on Mexiletine which is a heart medication that works like Lidocaine and never had the burning I have now nor the worsening skin sensitivity. I was given Mexiletine after my lidocaine infusion but haven't taken it in over a year now.

Thanks Litlove for letting me know I am not the only one that goes through this with their aids. By the time she leaves I am a basket of mush and she is clueless how her behavior causes me so much pain.

I had to laugh tonight because my son (as well as his friend) met her for the first time yesterday and he told me tonight that she is definately on something...whether pills or something else. I had to laugh because I thought so but I try to give people the benefit of the doubt and thought maybe she was insecure and I know she has ADHD too. He told me him and his friend talked about it when they left. It was funny because I noticed after they came in she got real quiet and kept to herself when they were around. It was real strange for her to act that way as she usually continues talking to herself or just out loud and even answers herself and laughs at what she says as if someone else is in the room with her. He told me not to talk to her and for me to tell him things to do this week when he is here and he will tell her to do them. He wants to see how she reacts. He is funny.

I have tried to hide in my bedroom and close the door and tell her I have phone calls to make and she winds up knocking and coming in to bug me. Nothing stops her. Believe me I absolutely HATE being dependent on people. I used to be extremely independent and did everything on my own and now...it is terrible.

It is funny you mention being homebound and isolated because lately that is exactly how I feel! Is it "normal" for me to be feeling like this or will it go away. Seems like the older I get and the longer I have rsd I am getting more sensitive to sounds and just don't want additional pain (I have enough to deal with). I am also tired of defending myself to everyone. I just do not feel like interacting with anyone as I just don't have the energy to do so. I do have a wonderful best friend that lives about 4 hours away and she has kept me sane all these years and I hope someday to move closer to her and her family and adopt them;.)

I wish I could come up with a one-liner when people say dumb things to me that could be polite but would shut them up and let them know they made a stupid comments...any ideas???
Thanks my friends,
kathy d
kathy d is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote