View Single Post
Old 11-19-2011, 08:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Well, just an update on whats been going down. I lost both my work comp and SSI cases. I am now seeking a 2nd opinion from a spc. on the east side of the state. My family doctor refuses to increase my pain medication. He referred me to a pain clinic but my ins. what authorize the visit until the 1st of the year. (4 injections this year). I suffer the most from the T5 disc area (not that the lower dont bother me) I still have the pain that comes thru my chest. The spc. I was seeing was addiment (spl) that the pain in the front was NOT related to the disc problem. Thing is, my pain will go from say a 4-6 in the back, then at around the 6 mark, it starts in the front. It gets so bad that I have to lay down, sitting or standing does not help.

I honestly feel I am being stereotyped or discriminated against for a few reasons. 1) my age, now 27. 2) I have a high threshold for pain and I dont walk around complaining and boo-hooing about the pain. So to the average person, it "looks" as if I am fine. I have appealed the SSI's ALJ decision and lost that. So I guess its on to the civil appeal or whatever.

FML!
pooleo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote