View Single Post
Old 11-19-2011, 08:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have just been diagnosed. In the past 3 months I have bought more pairs of shoes than I can count. NOTHING feels good.

Can someone suggest some good sandals? Is it possible to wear sandals ever again? I live in Florida and I really can't stand wearing sneakers. Plus, although the sneakers feel better for the soles of my feet, they squeeze the tops of my feet and make them burn more. I feel best walking barefoot. But it gets cold here too, and I have Raynaud's (including with everything else I have) and now this, so I keep going from cold to hot, then back to cold.

The problem I'm having with sandals is ALL of them hurt the bottom of my feet, and all the thong sandals I have put pressure on my second toes, which turns them red and has made the podiatrist trim them back multiple times, saying they are ingrown -which was my original diagnosis. I buy pretty good sandals, but now they are just not good enough.

I have slide slippers and these also bother my second toes. Actually, my feet won't hurt as much - I'll put on the slippers - and IMMEDIATELY my second toes hurt. Help!
Geraldine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote