View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 02:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Smith View Post
It couldn't hurt to ask again in a different/new thread, for folks who've skipped this one.

Some of those symptoms sound consistent with PN, but some sound comorbid as well. The numbness/tingling/burning is typical of PN, but some of the other stuff on your toes sounds like it could be some kind of deficiency maybe even fungal, but the podiatrist should have recognized or eliminated those right off.

Has anyone tested you for diabetes (glucose tolerance)?

Doc
I have been tested by urine twice and I've gone in and done the glucose tolerance juice/blood draw test. My blood glucose always comes up right in the middle of the range. However, I have trouble with female yeast problems and this is why I've been tested. I have wondered about sugar intolerances for quite some time.

I just looked up the word comorbid, since I have not ever heard that word before. Thanks, I learned something! I'm interested in what you said about deficiency or fungal - because the first thing I asked the podiatrist was why have my toenails changed? I do have a fungus toe on each foot, the pinkie toes. But recently I noticed my SECOND and THIRD toenails had changed and become incurvated. I asked multiple times, and every time the doctor completely ignored my specific questions. Could some of this be fungal? My third toenails were slightly cloudy at the time, not thick or peeling, but not normal. And my second toenails got ingrown and one has a vertical line down middle. I can't seem to get a podiatrist to say anything. I've been to two, one multiple times. I will say it again. I have no faith in doctors. Hmmmm...
One more thing, I was on diflucan when all this started, and I was soaking in epsom salts and tea tree. One of my pinkie toenails actually started changing and looking more normal! I have wondered if the diflucan set this off - started killing fungus and I was having dieoff. But I have stopped the med, stopped soaking, and it has not gotten better.

Thank you, I will post a new thread.
Geraldine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote