View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 04:55 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Ponygirl,

As a mother I understand having a child pay rent. My daughter doesn't make much money but wants to move out on her own. In an attempt to give her an idea about what living on her own would mean we charge her $400.00 a month. She is also responsible for her cell phone bill, clothes, gas and general care (food, litter, vet, toys) for her 3 cats.

She is finding it's not easy and that is what we wanted her to understand. Her rent is lower than what she would pay if she got a place of her own. In our daughter's case we only require she put her rent ($400.00) in her savings account each month. Her savings account is still a minor account so she is unable to withdraw from the account without my signature until she is 21 (in about a year and 2 months).

My point is: It doesn't matter where you live you will have to pay rent and like many people already experience, it can be difficult and frustrating to make ends meet.

Have you tried speaking to your mom? Maybe you and she can agree to a modified rent or some other options.
Twinkletoes (11-20-2011)