View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 08:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I honestly cannot remember what my exact symptoms were when I went to a neurologist a few years ago. Tingling in hand, or tingling on face? Tingling on head maybe. I can't remember WHEN it was either, but I did go to one, because I was worried about MS, and after a short exam and some questions, was told that everything was normal, that it was probably caused by my fibromyalgia. I have been told MANY times that things are probably my fibromyalgia. The result is I haven't gone to a different neurologist. Every time I have felt burning or tingling, I think it's my fibromyalgia. Well, now I have peripheral neuropathy that has spread in 4 months from a toe to include both my entire feet, some of the ankles, shoulders, face and hands. I wish the doctors hadn't been so quick to tell me it's just fibromyalgia.

I will be going to a new neurologist end of December. I am worried about the cost, I don't have real insurance. I have already spent a ton trying to get doctors to believe I have a hormonal issue. Nobody took me seriously, not even an endocrinologist, so I went to an anti-aging doc. Yes, I have hormonal issues too, it just took getting someone to run the right tests. People think I'm crazy because they can't SEE that I'm sick. My foot problem was originally diagnosed as ingrown toenails!
Geraldine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
holdingontohope (11-30-2011), Judy2 (11-21-2011)