View Single Post
Old 03-24-2007, 09:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasalp View Post
SO whats everyone think? I have a ton of questions now, Because im not that educated on RSD, will i ever be able to move my arm (shoulder) again?? Will i ever be able to go back to work?
Hi there.

Keep the questions coming! There are so many helpful people here who try and help everyone they can! I know what you mean about not knowing much about RSD. I came here a few months back and I knew next to nothing about RSD, and I didn't even know that there was a possibility of not recovering! So, me being so unknowing, I asked about who on this message board fully recovered from RSD...

I think with physical therapy/ occupational therapy you will be able to regain the use of your arm/ shoulder. I could hardly move my shoulder at all, and after months in physical therapy I can lift my arm out straight in front of me, and sometimes a little higher. I can't lift my arm over my head yet, but I am getting there. It is possible to regain function, so don't give up! I have improved a lot in my arms with the PT, and I really think that PT is a VERY important key in getting "better" with RSD.

Don't lose heart, you might be able to get back to work if you keep at it!

I hope you can find a good Dr for your RSD, and that you can find treatments that will work for you.
InHisHands is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote