View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 02:58 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Unhappy MG Crisis and emotions

Hello all,

After doing so well for the past few months (using prednisone and azathioprine) my wife suddenly started experiencing slurring of speech and weak eyelids again last night

We think it could have been triggered by an emotional upset or some canned pink salmon we had for dinner last night...I read somewhere the sometimes if there is mercury present in fish like Salmon, then the mercury may aggravate MG.

Is there anyone here who has had a crisis triggered by an emotional upset? What was the experience like? Did you return to your previous state after the crisis was over and how long did the crisis last? My wife's speech has been slurred now for the past 12 hours and she has even taken extra Mestinon and prednisone compared to her normal dose but that has not helped. Does the MG get worse with each crisis or not necessarily.

Please help as any information is useful - its the not knowing that causes so much extra anxiety!!

Thank you all and thank you for this wonderful forum where one can share experiences and get advice,

Ricardo

Last edited by Ricardo; 11-21-2011 at 02:59 AM. Reason: Add notifications
Ricardo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote