View Single Post
Old 03-24-2007, 10:40 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I am hoping the short notice helps! I slept really well last night - I was sure I wouldn't get a wink of sleep! I think I just need to keep my mind busy...

I will be having surgery on the right side...my symptoms started in 1999 and after a lot of no answers, tests, MRIs, a car accident, etc, etc finally a FIRM diagnosis of TOS was made last year....two docs agree surgery is the best bet so here I am...I am hoping this offers relief...I have been in complete agony lately.

I feel like I have a ton of questions that haven't been answered...PT after the surgery, recovery time, etc, etc...thankfully this board exists and it gives me a chance to know what other people have experienced. I have made a PT appt for late April with a very good PT I know of...I have lost a lot of movement in my hand that I want to get into PT and see what we can get back. I will be spending the first bit of my recovery with my parents...it's a good 2+ hour drive from the hospital so thank you Cindy for recommending pillows...the drive was the first bit that scared me so I will tell mom to bring lots of pillows. They also have a recliner couch so hopefully i can get comfortable...has anyone tried a wedge pillow for sleeping?

I am going to stock up on movies, figure that will be easy to do...I also plan on installing Dragon on this laptop this weekend so I can at least post an update.

Trix - good comment on the RSD bit...as you know it was mentioned by my MT once and is in the back of my mind...I will have to remember to talk to the surgeon about this (or at the pre-op)

Cindy - was the probs breathing due to lying down? I am asthmatic and while I don't think this will make a difference I can get into some wicked coughing fits...so I am hoping that that all stays in check... Did you have a recliner as soon as you got home? I figure if worst comes to it I can send someone out to buy me one

Strangely I have been on no narcotics (my doc will not perscribe any) so I am hoping my pain management after surgery will go well...that is my biggest concern - being comfortable after surgery...

I have a lot of great people keeping positive thoughts my way - including the folks on this board...you guys are wonderful!

JAMY is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote