View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 09:03 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I had to register here just to post this message. I have had a severe nickel allergy after wearing watches with nickel in them since very young. I used to get creams to put on my wrist to remove the rash but they thinned the skin and in the end my rash spread over most of my two hands after a few years.

However I found out that eating poppy seeds which you can get from any herb/natural remedy shop removed the rash in the same way after a week. I found out about this off the internet reading how poppy seeds remove nickel out of your body. So I recommend any one with a nickel allergy tries it. Eat two teaspoons of poppy seeds every day for two weeks and you should see the nickel rash vanish and stay gone for months.

It isnt a cure but it certainly works and eating poppy seeds is far better than using endless creams and constantly watching your diet. I believe poppy seeds do have nickel in them (like all nuts and seeds) but they extract a lot more nickel out of the body than they add so I think that's how they work. So it may take a week for them to start to work. But they definitely work for me.

I would also say that there seems to be various types of poppy seeds and they all look the same. Some are quite sweetish - similar to eating peanuts - whereas some seem to be quite bitter. So look around if you get ones that taste horrible you may find some nicer ones.

Good luck.
nstutt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote