View Single Post
Old 03-24-2007, 11:10 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default How does your medication affect you?

How does your medication affect you?

I was diagnosed nearly 4 years ago. Initially, I was on a trial (Precept 1347) but that was discontinued and I asked to be put on another trial. I've been on this new trial for more than a year. In this new trial I was definitely getting the medication; no placebo was involved. However, I have noticed some subtle changes in me; nothing big or extensive but noticeable, at least to me. For example, prior to going on my current trial,(Stalevo) I was reluctant to drive to work on the Parkway (in this case, the Palisades Parkway heading towards New York City). Each morning, I would question my confidence level in driving on the Parkway. Invariably, I would find it low and opt to take the side roads to work. Going home in the afternoon, I would make the same decision and take the side roads. My reluctance to take the Parkway was due to speed. I found that I was not comfortable going more than 50 miles per hour. However, after beginning this new trial I found that I had no problem in going at the same speed as the other cars (65 to 70 miles per hour). This doesn't mean that I drive with reckless abandon. I'm a very safe driver, safe to the point of pure boredom but I have no problem with speed.

Another thing has happened. Once people pass a certain age they frequently remark that time is passing faster. It's really our perception of time since there is really no change. However, since going on PD medication my perception has been that time has slowed down.

I seldom gamble, if that is coming to your mind. We go to Mohegan Sun in Connecticut about once every two months, agree to lose a set amount ($100) and never exceed it. I usually quit after losing $60. I exhibit no other flamboyance since starting medication. Excessively boring behavior is not a recognized side affect of PD medication.

Has anyone else noticed changes since starting or changing medication?

All the best.

Lloyd.
burckle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote