View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 12:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB63 View Post
They usually occur at night, are intense then go away for a while only to whack you again. They can occur several times a day for months and then never return. I think there is a histamine mechanism involved.

I've had migraine since childhood and members of my family have been in studies since they all started as kids. Possible genetic involvement.

My triggers are odors. Most household cleaners, alcolhol based fragrances, remember Gorgio perfume...an absolute killer, and elevated TSH a thyroid hormone present in hypothyroidism.

Zomig is the only med that could stop a migraine that was "in progress" but it costs sooo much money. My insurance only allows for 20 pills for 90 days.

The residual head soreness where you can't even touch your hair is an after effect of the migraine as is the overwhelming desire to sleep.

My indication of migraine about to start is big time hunger and shakiness. blood sugars do not change, it is a release of adrenalin in my situation.

Chronic migraine is a life stealer.
Your description of the head pain is spot on with what I'm experiencing and I have been sleeping a lot following these episodes. I didn't think these fit cluster headaches when I read the descriptions. I just can't seem to shake the ongoing nature of this. The pain continues to linger at a lower level in between the actual headaches. I haven't been given any abortive meds as yet. My GP gave me a shot of toradol which helped for about a day, but then I was right back to still feeling a lower lever of pain.
EE03 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote