View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 04:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Crystal-

At 10 months out, I just had something very similar happen. I have been doing really good as of the past couple of weeks, starting to feel like 80% (instead of 50 or so) and have been able to do more with less symptoms.

Last week, my BF's boss asked us to join their office at their little town's Light Up Night. Knowing it would be loud and bright, I took my ear plugs and sunglasses. I lasted 10 minutes, and then had to go sit inside a friend's office on the main street until the festivities were over.

The amount of people walking in different directions around me, completely overwhelmed me. I was devastated the day after, because I have made so much progress with the dizziness etc via vestibular therapy. I NEVER would have thought that just standing there, (albeit with ear plugs and sunglasses), would do me in.

When we left after the festivities were over, there was a ton of traffic. I had to sit in the car with my BF's black winter hat over my face to tune everything out.

I was devastated for the next couple of days, as I thought I was already "past" feeling dizzy and disoriented. But, there is nothing I can do about a set back. Just learn from it, and move forward again.

Stress makes symptoms flair up even worse, so forgive yourself and your brain for having a rough evening, get some rest, and move on. We're here for you
SmilinEyesMs305 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
xxxxcrystalxxxx (11-22-2011)