Thread: Mestinon crash
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 07:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Glad beyond words that you are keeping a journal!! It will be very helpful both for you over time and for neuro (in synopsis form). First let me preface by saying you should never change meds, dosages, or timing of doses without neuros ok. That said...

It took a long time for me to hit on the right combination of timing and dosage on the Mestinon based on how I was feeling. I now have permission to take my Mestinon 'at will' as long as I don't exceed certain dosages in specific timeframes.

What I do now is take 30 mg (1/2 pill) every 3 hours that I am awake (and none at all during sleep hours). Because I try to be pretty active, I couldn't stand the highs and lows. So a smaller dose overlapped throughout the day helped eliminate this for me. However, I have been told flat out not to try this schedule with 60 mg - - remember too much Mestinon can be as debilitating as not enough. ( I was also told to never exceed 90 mg in a four hour window. Don't know if that's a guideline or a rule set just for me!!)

Hope this idea helps and that your neuro is as 'flexible' as mine!
suev is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote