View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 03:29 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

There is a procedure called the "Racz" procedure. (pronounced Racks) This needs to be done 6 months to 1 1/2 yrs after surgery. It breaks up the scar tissue via laser from what I understand. I had it done, but wasn't really sure how it worked. LOL It didn't work for me cause I was 2 1/2 yrs post-surgery and the scar tissue had become too hard & fibrous to be broken up. This has worked for many people tho -- usually it's a pain management doctor who performs it. Ask your doc about it -- perhaps you'd be a good candidate if it hasn't been too long since surgery.

I wish you the best -- scar tissue sure DOES cause problems! God bless & take care. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dr. Smith (11-22-2011)