View Single Post
Old 03-24-2007, 01:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks everyone...I just popped in to update.

We saw her neurologist, who wanted to boost her meds back up to her maintenance dose (double what she was taking, total of 20 mg? 2 pills, anyway, whatever the measurement) That triggered massive migraines and meltdowns. I dropped the med for a couple of days and she rapidly improved. I put her back on 1 pill, its been over a week and she's doing well. Her sinuses started draining more, so I'm back to the sinus suspect. She's barely 9; so its hard to know what's going on and how much control to give her. My plan is to stay at 1 pill and see if her headaches recurr or if this sinus drainage solves the issue. If not, I'll boost her by half pills. Whats frustrating me is the dr keeps telling me that what I am witnessing is rare. The pills don't effect her right away, they seem to have cumulative effect. But, I'veread this is a common problem in kids because their livers don't filter the same way. Grrr!!! Anyways...I *really* feel the sunuses are having an impact. I also have an odd feeling we should be lowering the dose, not raising it. But I'm not sure what to base that on (other than I do want her off, I don't like the effects of changing the dosage. Makes me wonder about long term effects, yk?)

And I'm trying to learn more about the mold sensitivity. I've often wondered if there were a mold allergy, based on when the headaches are worst.
mistofviolets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote