View Single Post
Old 03-24-2007, 01:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

"The irony of waiting is, of course, once you know, there really is no getting on with your life, you just imagine that's how it will be."

I felt this way, too, for about six months after my dx. After that, my life would let me wait no longer. My family wanted me to leave my work immediately (I had my own business boarding and training horses and teaching riding) to retrain for something more "suitable" (a.k.a possible from a wheelchair). I had to decide what to do with my life. I decided to stay with the horses for a number of reasons, chief among them that I wasn't prepared to live as if I expected disablement, particularly when nobody, including doctors, could predict that. As it turns out, I was very unlucky. I've never regretted that decision, though. I learned a lot during that time, about horses, riding, and about being sick.

After I knew for sure that MS was taking away my life with horses I went through another period of months when I was sure my life was over. Then I went back to school. I had a blast at school and ended up getting a degree before MS took that away, too.

Life always goes on, no matter how much you imagine it won't. My current life certainly bears no resemblance to the life I was planning. Oh well.

Chris
Chris66 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote