View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 06:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you so much for all your input. It is very much appreciated. My wife had her first Stellar Ganglion Nerve Block today. We are not sure how to interpret the results. She went into the procedure with a pain level of 3 and left with a pain level of 4. She also left with a slight red streak going down her hand that was hurting which she has not had previously. So the nerve block did nothing for pain. But I am curious why her hand with the RSD, which has been cold was now significantly warmer than her good hand. I assume more blood is now flowing into the RSD hand. We were so disappointed in the outcome of no reduction of pain Nurses and doctors were all touting how wonderful the block would be and how some wake up from the procedure with no pain and can move their fingers. While it is wonderful for many, it did nothing for us. We also expected more since the injury happened a little over 2 months ago. So we are sad. The doctor wants to try another block next week to see if we have a better outcome.
kemmererja is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote