View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 09:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchfri1003 View Post
Cathie,
Sorry to hear that you are still taking narcs. I am now since the accident and hate taking them. But it allows me to work. Sorry that it is still an issue for you.

Hopefully you will have you PT coverage extended.

I can't imagine being on a hard board and going tot he ER. That must have been very scary until you go the results back. I'm sure it was tough on both you and your husband.

Had an MRI on my knee because it has been giving me problems and I wasn't sure if it was just my knee or coming from my lower back. No tears just a cyst, edema and arthritis. Still waiting to find out what I can do to slow down the progression of symptoms.

Our Thanksgiving is next Thursday. Hope you enjoyed yours.

Hope each day is better.
Gail
Hi,

I do hate taking the narcotics also. I feel like horrible going to the dr and asking for them (they always make me feel bad, like I'm not strong enough to handle the pain and should be better by now). I agree I should be better by now, but unfortunately I'm not. I try not to take too much, and only when I need too, but I still need to function also. ugh.

I want desperately to get a tens unit, I think it will help with my pain, I know you use one at home. I get relief from that at PT, but can't get coverage for one at home. They're not available as easily in Canada as in the US. So I may end up ordering one online and have it shipped to me. Do you mind telling me what brand your unit is that you have? I'm assuming some are better then others? Did you order yours online?

Happy Thanksgiving to you tomorrow! (I messed up and thought it was last week for my U.S. friends, oops). Ours was in October, and yes, we had a great Turkey day!!

ttys.
Cathie
cath1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote